Who can issue an EEC?

EEC_Man3 (2)A CERTIFIED EEC assessor must be an architect, engineer, or a qualified technician who is authorised to undertake building projects and thermal installations for buildings. The individual will have completed a special government training course on Existing Building Energy Certification, and be trained in the software designed to issue the certificate (this is important because not all architects and engineers have taken the course).

Architects will belong to an official provincial association (colegio oficial) and have a member number. They must be registered at the colegio in order to offer their services professionally. For the Vega Baja region you can inquire at the Colegio de Arquitectos de Alicante, Plaza de Gabriel Miró, 2, 03001 Alicante, Tel. 965 21 84 00 about the authenticity of an architect.

This also applies to engineers and technicians, they must be a member of a professional association.

As to surveyors, not all surveyors are authorised to issue the Energy Efficiency Certificate, only those who have studied architecture (in Spanish “aparejador” or “arquitecto técnico”, which is a lesser degree than that of a Bachelor of Architecture).

It is essential to use an architect, engineer or technician who is registered at a colegio oficial so they can register the EEC with the regional agency.

Asier,”Our Man in Torrevieja”, qualified with top honours in architecture. He is a member of the Colegio de Arquitectos de Alicante (colegio oficial member number 10287). Asier is fully authorised to issue and register EECs.